Friday, July 12, 2013

Lazyass Summer Post

I hate summer. I want to do things even less than I normally do in summertime. However, that doesn't keep my swelling, itching brain from annoying me with ideas and new interests. 

Case in point, Hulks & Horrors.

When I first read about it, I thought it sounded kinda pointless and a little stupid, but after grabbing the free version and giving it a scanover, I change my view on it. Now, all I can picture when I think about that game are those shitty 80's sci-fi horror movies like Galaxy of Terror and Inseminoid. Now that has my attention. Not that slick, oh-so-serious transhuman nonsense of Eclipse Phase or the wanna-be Travellerness of Stars Without Number.

No, Hulks & Horrors makes me wanna crawl through dark, greasy access tunnels that are dripping with alien mucous to track down some mythical high-tech McGuffin. The idea that the galaxy has become an endless graveyard waiting to be robbed by opportunistic scumbags has a great appeal to me. I could go on, but I think I'll let this amazing movie trailer wrap up why H&H took such a hold on me.



"Struggling for survival in the infected remains of a diseased universe." I'd say that sums up Hulks & Horrors rather nicely. Also, FUCK YEAH GREEN SLIME! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. 


Everything else is just the usual shit I've been shoveling here for a while- XXVc; Traveller has reared it's ugly head once again (and, no, I don't mean that trainwreck Traveller5) and, new to the roster, but less new than H&H, Star Frontiers.

So, I got all cylinders firing for some hot, wet summer sci-fi action. Whether or not I can complete even one of these goals remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment