Wednesday, October 22, 2014

XXVc Update + New Game Art

I was reminded the other night that it's been a while since I posted here. Well, my online XXVc game came to an end (temporary? permanent? can't say fo' sho') because one of my players thought I was running the game just for him, apparently. 

Since then I got invited to an AD&D 2e Dark Sun game and have offered to run XXVc for them whenever the DM wants a break. I also started a one-on-one XXVc game which I'm looking forward to. A face-to-face game can be a jolly good time, in my opinion.

So, I have a couple of things to show today. One is a money card for the Firste (sic) Luna Bank, which I've renamed LunaBanc. No reason to do it- I just needed to scratch an itch. The second is for an idea I had to develop the sadly and sorely underdeveloped Solar Alliance, RAM's puppet organization on Earth.

I'm using as a model the Earth Republic of Syfy's tv series Defiance, of which I am a fan. One of the tasks I assigned the SA was to be the bug in Earth's ear about mutants and the first thing that came to mind was propaganda posters. Everyone loves a propaganda poster, so I spent the last couple of days working on one. 

First up is the LunaBanc card. It's supposed to be an aluminum-like metal with a laser-etched holographic "water mark" of an olde tyme image of the Moon. Of course, when i say "laser-etched holograph" I mean whatever the 25th century version of that would be. It's not flashy, it's just a viso-prop.


Click me.


And next is the Solar Alliance's anti-mutant poster that one might find posted up in a North American Regency sprawl. This one has obviously been out in the weather for a while.


Click for the full sized (but not life sized) view.

I'm gonna do more of these, because this one was a ton of fun to do. They'll get better as I go, but I think this one is a pretty nifty first effort. More XXVc-inspired art coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment