Monday, November 17, 2014

XXVc Graphics 3- Luna

This is a reworking of some art from the XXVc sourcebook Luna. The art in that book was pretty typical of the XXVc line. Some of it, very little, was really pretty terrific (usually the work of one time Legion of Super-Heroes artist James Sherman) and the rest was kinda shoddy stuff, probably because TRS wasn't paying too well.

Anyway, the original art was crap and I hated it, so I took it upon myself to redo it. The one change to the text that I made was to turn Britannica into Celtica. I figured maybe things took a sour turn for the UK at some point and Ireland moved in to take control. That's why the slogan on the flag is in gaelic- "Na Aris" is gaelic for "never again" which, in the original material, is in latin.





The color of the banner may strike some as odd, but I wanted something that said "Luna" and had an atypical look. Also, and I don't expect anyone to understand this, but I wanted it to have a touch of "The King in Yellow" to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment