Tuesday, August 12, 2014

XXVc Graphics for your Shopping Pleasure

There's one aspect of my game that I was slow in developing, but something that I really felt would make it better. I've already shown some of it with the artwork I've posted already, but another part of that is "coloring in" some ideas to help bring the setting to life.

So, the following is an advertisement for the Central Universal Department Store's "Superhappiness" campaign showcasing their fine line of I don't know. The CUD Store is a common sight in all large cities and some of the crappier arcologies. It's based on Soviet Russia's GUM Store (CUD is translated from whatever GUM stands for in Russian) and Walmart's cyclopean failure, Hypermart.

Not a Hypermart, but close. Click to big it up some.

Anyway, "Superhappiness" as an ad slogan has a nice "1984" feel to it, as does the nameless, unknown product they're hawking. I imagined the contents as some kind of generic Soylent Green type food-like substance, but it could be anything in there. Brightly colored bags of shit.

Click pic to BONUSIZE
I came up with a bunch of businesses that reside under the RAM umbrella (you've already seen a couple) and will do more logos and whatever in the near future. The CUD Store doesn't have a logo. There is no bigger store on Earth, and so it doesn't need one. It just is.

Superhappiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment