Sunday, August 3, 2014

XXVc Graphics 2

One of the major differences between XXVc and its source material is the absence of the dreaded Han, who tormented those poor, savage North Americans in both the Buck Rogers comic strip and the two novels it was based upon.

So, I thought it would be amusing to introduce them into my game, albeit with some significant differences. In this case the threat is Han Airways, North America's largest airline. In this future, though, hydrogen-filled dirigibles have made a comeback in a big way, owing to a number of post-apocalyptic reasons.

Han Airways is run by Mr. Bogdan Bong, who also just happens to be the Regent of North America. Both of these positions have more than a little to do with Bong's father being the president of the massive Chinese megacorporation Han Chemical Group, of which Han Airways is a subsidiary.
It may not be apparent, but I actually put a lot of thought into these things. I've long had a fascination with corporate logo design, particularly from the 60's thru to the early 70's, which tended to run the gamut from dry to downright ugly. I realize the game is set 500 years in the future, but, hey- I gotta be me, amirite?

Anyway, more of these as they come to me. And if any fans of the game have any requests, let me know and I'll get cracking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment